Friday, January 02, 2009

Tricky shot

This is Casey. She's not been feeling well lately, and I added to her annoyance by aiming a camera at her. This was taken with my knees as the tripod, with only light from the window. Not totally sharp, but I still like it.



Edited to add: We had to say goodbye to dear Casey on the 19th of June, 2009. She had diabetic neuropathy, which caused her to lose control of her hind legs and finally her kidneys began to fail. We had to make the call, and she crossed the rainbow bridge, wrapped in a favorite blanket. We miss you, sweetheart.

5 comments:

Chreamps said...

I like it, too! Great eyes and I like the light!

Okay, what is "reciprocity failure"? I'm not a very knowledgeable photographer (LOL)

Darediva said...

I'll answer here, and on your blog, too. Big long term mostly applied to film cameras (see long explanation here at http://www.geofflawrence.com/photography_tutorial_reciprocity_failure.htm ).

I still have my Minolta X-700 camera from long ago, but hate to think I'd have to pay to have a bunch of "camera dung" developed to get a nice shot. I did some darkroom work in college, mostly black and white, and loved it. Now we do all that with Photoshop, and without all the chemicals!

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, and hope Casey's feeling better!

Miss Chris said...

I think the hint of softness works well with the lighting. I love it.

Chreamps said...

Just wanted to thank you for posting the answer to my question on my blog. I do have a film SLR and tried relearning it but it's so expensive after having a digital camera (LOL)! Maybe one day I'll get a DSLR! Thanks again!