Monday, January 12, 2009

Trading cards



Tonight I decided to play around some more with some collaged art cards I've been working on. This group has some pages from old dictionaries and other books used as the background, then some random scenes literally torn from old, non-collector grade comics (stuff from the 25 cent bins at comic fairs). Don't worry, no rare books were sacrificed for these mini-collages that are the size of baseball cards, 2.5" x 3.5".

I worked on them tonight, adding some rubber-stamped textures, some words to go with the theme on the dictionary page background, and some brailled words on clear Dymo label tape to add 3-D texture to them. I'm still not done. They are really fun to make.

4 comments:

Erika said...

This looks so cool, great picture to of your creating!

Chreamps said...

Those turned our great! I've never seen ones made like this before - great nostalgia look!

Anonymous said...

Nice collection going there! I'm envious of your creativity!

Francesco said...

Nice collection of cards, Alice. Marvel doesn't give enough visibility to DD, but fortunately you're here with your creativity to compensate for that.