Saturday, November 25, 2006

Getting into collage again



I'm getting ready to move house again, and with that comes the necessity of some organizing. I must be a real world class pack rat. A couple of friends tell me I have the coolest "stuff". As in collections of odd bits and pieces of great things to use in collage work.

I decided to try my hand at some altered art. First, came the Altoid tin. I had a couple of them rattling around the house, and thought it might be fun to play with some of them. Oh, yeah. This is what I can do with some odd antique buttons, bits of lace and tatting, some pewter charms and this lovely wrapping paper I've been hoarding. Uh...recycling. ; )

Now, I've begun to swap some artist's trading cards with others I've met online. This is unbelievably fun! Here is the digitally designed card I sent out in October, and I received eleven outstanding miniature works of art by return mail. ATCs are a standard size of 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches, the same as baseball cards. They fit conveniently into album pages made for collector cards. Very, very cool.

No comments: